Ston and Pelješac Wine Tour (half day)
We have a perfect guide for you during this tour. He is from Peljesac region, his family has vineyards and olive trees, his grandfather was a fishermen and all his life he was taught about history and customs of this magical Peninsula.
We start with our tour from Dubrovnik and after one hour of pleasant drive alongside Adriatic Coast (passing villages Orasac, Trsteno, Slano, and neighbouring drifting islands of Kolocep, Lopud, Sipan) we arrive in Ston – 14.ct city built according to perfect architectonic plan by Dubrovnik Republic.
More details about Ston & Peljesac Wine Tour
After walking the walls, we will visit ancient salt factory (13.ct) where production still takes place under natural conditions on the same principles it has been running continuously for more than 7 centuries.
After vising Ston, we head inwards Peljesac while our guide explains you the philosophy behind vine and olive-growth, we pass through a villagers made tunnel of Dingač (440 meters) and exit on the outer side of Peljesac towards the open sea where best quality vine Dingač grows at a 60 degrees incline, and you will be shown how extremely hard it is to cultivate this wine, but the end product, „the nectar of the gods“ is the reward for all the hardworking effort.
We will than stop at one of the wineries in Potomje or Borak (depending on the season) and you will be given the opportunity to try some of the best wines of region and Croatia in general. Winery owners are all our good friends and our private tour always have special „family“ treatment.
After you are done with wine tasting (we still have to guide and drive you J) we return to the city of Mali Ston (Little Ston) famous for its seafood risottos, and Mali Ston oysters where we can have lunch (dessert specialties include Dubrovacka Rozata ( special sort of pudding), and Torta od Makarula (chocolate pasta cake)). Do not worry about the calories here since you have been in movement all morning and you deserve to give yourselves a treat!
What is included?
- airconditioned vehicle, driver, professional licensed guide throughout the whole journey
- Visit to Ston’s ancient salt factory
- Winetasting at one of the most famous vineries in Peljesac (5 sorts of wine, grappa, proscecco)
What is not included?
- Entrance ticket to impressive Ston city walls – 4 EUR/person
- Lunch at mali Ston (optional)
- Optional Trips (Trsteno, Korcula)
- 8:30 AM (or different) – pick up from your hotel/sea port
- 1 hour drive to Ston (optional stop in Trsteno along the way)
- 9:30 Arrival in Ston, visiting the city center (Rector’s Palace, Bishop’s Palace, Fountain „The EYE“, climbing the city walls – depending on your preferences we can walk ¼ wall, ½ wall or the whole wall – walkable section)
- 11:00 After descending from the wall, we visit Ston’s ancient salt factory
- 11:30 Continuing through Peljesac to Dingac
- 12:15 Dingac tunnel and hills
- 12:40 Wine tasting
- 13:30 – heading back to Ston
- 14:00 – Lunch in Mali Ston
- 15:15 – drive to Dubrovnik
- 16:15 – tour ends at your hotel/sea port