Sarajevo tour from Dubrovnik
The city of Sarajevo is the Capital of Bosnia and Hercegowina and one of the 10 cities that must be visited in Europe according to Lonely Planet, 2009, located 270Km/160 miles from Dubrovnik. It was founded half a millenium ago with the arrival of Ottomans (turkish Center, fountain and Bazaar). Sarajevo was also ground zero of World War 1 (prinz Franz Ferdinand was assasinated crossing Miljacka River in the center of Sarajevo in 1914), it was home of the Winter Olympics 1984 when the whole World got to know this place. Unfortunately it also suffered greatly in the 90s being under siege for more than 3 years and damaged in 1992-1995 war, a lot of which can be seen today.
Drive from Dubrovnik takes about 4 hours 15 mins.
Dubrovnik is Sarajevo’s twin city and two cities have been connected for centuries in trade and great neighbour ties. Even today, the hills around Sarajevo are one of the favorite skiing spots for Dubrovnik people (only 4 hours drive away from Dubrovnik).
Our tour starts 5:30 AM (early birds), driving first alongside the Croatian coast and than into Bosnia near village of Ravno, passing serbian part of Bosnia (Ljubinje) and through medieval cities of Stolac and Mostar, stopping alongthe way for restrooom/toilette/breakfast and continuing up the Neretva River passing Jablanica, Konjic all the way to Sarajevo.
Click for more details about Sarajevo from Dubrovnik tour
At about 13:30 we will continue towards Mostar, the bridge city where guests will have some free time to take photos of the 16ct bridge, destroyed in the recent war and reconstructed to the very last detail or to have a tea or beer overlooking the river Neretva.
Our departure towards Dubrovnik would be around 16:45 and we expect arrival in Dubrovnik at about 19:15.
- Sarajevo is a modern city where all 4 religion groups (Orthodox, Catolics, Muslims and Jews) always lived in peace and harmony (unfortunately untill the last conflict in the 90ies).
- It is a completely safe city, sanitary conditions are also very high – your guide is a local who knows every inch of Sarajevo and will help you in any way to make your stay a memorable one…so no need to worry whatsoever.
- Currency in Bosnia is Bosnian convertable Mark (KM). 1 EUR is about 2 KM, and EUR will be accepted at most places – please do ask your guide for details.
What is included?
- air conditioned vehicle, driver, professional licensed guide throughout the whole journey
- private tour of Sarajevo with Sarajevo local licenced guide
- Visit to Mostar
- Stop in Pocitelj
What is not included?
- Entrance tickets to sights not included in the tour
- Lunch in Sarajevo (optional)
- Optional trips
- 05:30 – pick up from your hotel/apartment/airport/sea port
- 06:30 – driving alongside Croatian coast, crossing the border at Ravno village to Bosnia
- 06:30-08:00 – drive through villages: Ljubinje, Stolac, passing city of Mostar
- 08:00 Stopping for toilette/coffee/breakfast break (we can do it earlier or later – all up to our guests)
- 10:15 – arrival Sarajevo, meeting with local guide
- 10:15-11:30 (12:00) – tour of Sarajevo with local licenced guide
- 11:45-13:20- free time for lunch and further exploration of the city
- 13:20-15:30 – drive Sarajevo – Mostar
- 15:30 – 16:45 – Mostar visit and free time
- 16:45 – Departure Mostar
- 19:15 – arrival Dubrovnik hotel/apartment/port
Send inquiry for Sarajevo tour availability and prices!
We usually answer in less then 6 hours.