Best of Montenegro – Kotor & Budva tour (full day)
With a population of a bigger European’s city suburb (650.000), Montegro is an enchanting little country full of extreme geographical diversities.
Great mountains with snow peaks, steep fiord-like hills almost vertically diving into the Adriatic sea,mountain lakes full of fish, mystical monasteries carved in the solid rock, sandy and sunny beaches that go on for miles alongside the coast….that is all Montenegro.
We start our tour from Dubrovnik driving south alongside Adriatic coast passing cities of Cavtat and Konavle region and soon cross the border to Montenegro (do not forget your passports). We are driving alongside the Kotor bay (Europe’s most southern fiord)passing the cities Igalo, Herceg Novi (two great Turkish, later Venetian fortresses), Bijela, Kamenari stopping for a photo-stop in front of magical Perast – city of Seamen and 2 small islands with churches (St. George and Our Lady of the Rocks/Gospa od Škrpjela), we continue through Risan, stop at Perast while guide explains major buildings and its rich history and finally reach the city of Kotor, nested in the very bottom of Kotor bay surrounded by formidable verticals of neighboring mountains.
Click for more details about Best of Montenegro - Kotor & Budva tour
After Budva we start our return not going alongside Kotor Bay but crossing it by ferry, stopping along the way for photos and refreshments, crossing the border to Croatia and reaching Dubrovnik in the late afternoon/evening hours.
- ST. GEORGE and OUR LADY OF THE ROCKS Islands
- OSTROG MONASTERY
- CETINJE and Lovcen mountain
Optional trips - details
ST. GEORGE and OUR LADY OF THE ROCKS Islands
When tour makes a stop in Perast, it is possible to board the small boat and visit two islets of St.George (natural) and Our Lady of The Rocks (artificial, made by Perast pirates sinking confiscated ships one ne spot and covering them with rocks). Both islands have churches with rich art collection our guides can explain you in detail, and the overall scenery is just breathtaking
17. ct. Sebian Orthodox monastery carved in the solid rock, powerful place of warship for all religions (Jewish, Christian, Muslims, Orthodox), amazing monastery frescoes and in vicinity one of the best restaurants of homemade local food in whole Montenegro
CETINJE and Lovcen mountain
The Royal town and official capital of Montenegro, nested under the 1700 meters high Lovcen Mountain and immense granite tomb of famous Montenegro peot and philospher Njegos guarded by a long wall of Chariatides –mytical granite women figures-watchers. From Lovcen’s peak (reachable by car almost to the very top), there is a stunning view to 2/3 of the whole country of Montenegro (it can be visited only in period April-October), on our way back we stop in Village Njegusi, famous for its smoked ham-prosciutto.
What is included?
- Our vehicle with driver and professional guide throughout the whole journey
- Stops in Perast, Kotor and Budva
- Entrance to the Old City of Kotor
- Ferry ticket Lepetani-Kamenari
- Tour with llicenced professional guide in Kotor>
What is not included?
- Optional trips
- Food and drinks
- 8:00 Guest pickup (hotel/seaport/other)
- 09:00 Crossing the Montenegro Border
- 09:40 Stop in Perast
- 10:40 Continuation to Kotor
- 11:15 Kotor tour and free time
- 13:15 Drive to Budva
- 14:00 Budva tour and free time
- 15:40 Departure from Budva
- 18:00 guest drop-off in Dubrovnik (hotel/port)
Send inquiry for Best of Montenegro – Kotor & Budva tour prices and availability!
We usually answer 90% of inquiries in less then 6 hours.