Korcula & Pelješac Tour (full day)
Korcula Island – birthplace of Marco Polo tour Dubrovnik as it once was, Home of the Marco Polo, The Dark Corfu….these are just some of the names of this beautiful island famous for its maritime history, high quality lime stone quarries and ship building, but alsa for its special macaroni from the village of Zrnovo and the pride and joy of the island – white wine POSIP!
If you want a half day tour only, without visiting Korcula island, then please check the link to our partner’s Peljesac winetasting trip
More details about Korcula & Peljesac Tour
The whole city of Ston is surrounded by 5,5 km long wall (second longest preserved wall in the world) that reaches from one sea to another creating man made border and stand off point for any intruders trying to invade the peninsula of Peljesac. After walking the walls, we can visit ancient salt factory (13.ct) where production still takes place under natural conditions on the same principles it has been running continuously for more than 7 centuries.
After docking just at the entrance of the Old City of Korcula, there would be a tour of the city where your guide would introduce you to its rich history, show you on the map its Venetian defensive architecture and 15. ct. street layout and than you would enter the city through 18 ct baroque South gate and walk to the center of the citadel to see the house of Marco Polo and hear the story about this great explorer and also enter the Cathedral of San Marco – with its tall bell tower looking like a mast of the great stone ship of Korcula when seen from far away.
After the tour guests would have some free time and than we would catch the boat back to the mainland and continue through the wine country of Peljesac stopping at private vinaries to try the famous Peljesac red wines…We would also cross through man made tunnel of Dingač to the other side of Peljesac where Dingac Wine grows at 60 degree incline hills with spectacular sceneries of Islands Mljet and Lastovo and fishing villages of Trstenik and Zuljana.
When passing through Ston, guests can stop for a lunch to try some of the renown seafood dishes such as raw oysters, mussels on bouzarra style or black risotto After lunch in Ston we drive around 50 minutes to Dubrovnik and the tour ends
What is included?
- Airconditioned vehicle, professional english speaking driver guide throughout the whole journey
- Visit to Ston
- Boat tickets Orebic-Korcula-Orebic
- Tour of Korcula
- entrance tickets to Korcula Cathedral
- Winetasting at one of the most famous private vineries in Peljesac (5 sorts of wine, grappa, proscecco, home made fruit liquers)
What is not included?
- Entrance ticket to impressive Ston city walls – 4 EUR/person
- Lunch at mali Ston (optional)
- Optional Trips (Trsteno)
- 8:30 AM (or different) – pick up from your hotel/sea port8:30 AM (or different) – pick up from your hotel/sea port
- 1 hour drive to Ston (optional stop in Trsteno along the way)
- 9:30 Arrival in Ston, visiting the city center (Rector’s Palace, Bishop’s Palace, Fountain „The EYE“, stop behind ancient salt factory)
- 10:30 Continuing through Peljesac to Orebic ferry point
- 11:30 20 minutes boat ride from Orebic to Korcula island
- 11:50 walking tour of Korcula town center, entrance to st. Marco’s Cathedral, stopping behind Marco Polo’s birth house
- 13:00 free time for snack or lunch in Korcula
- 14:00 return boat ride to Peljesac
- 14:30 wine tasting of Dingac and Postup wines in village of Potomje
- 15:20 panoramic ride through Dingac seaside vineyards, passing through Dingac tunnel and heading back to Ston
- 16:20 optional lunch break in Ston
- 17:30 drive to Dubrovnik
- 18:30 – tour ends at your hotel/sea port