Bosnia wine tour from Dubrovnik
Located less then 40 km from Dubrovnik (25 miles) Bosnia and Hercegovina is a world of its own, completely different than the coastal area of Dubrovnik Riviera. Limestone hills, small fertile pockets of land following the river flows, flocks of sheep and goats grazing and endless fields of vineyards will capture your imagination instantaniously.
Departing Dubrovnik we would cross the border to Bosnia in 20 min time and after short drive overlooking the islands in front of Dubrovnik and through the Friar’s field we will reach the city of Trebinje. For start we would drive up to the top of the hill above Trebinje for great panoramic views of the city so that our guide can explain you about the geography of the area and show you all the spots that we would visit during the tour. Possibly we can visit the Orthodox monastery of Gracanica standing at the top of the hill.
Click for more details about Bosnia wine tour from Dubrovnik
After tasting monk’s wine, it is time to visit a small family owned production and winary. In the recent couple of years, few families have sprang out with their dedication to wine making and their friendliness and hospitality. We will visit one of these families, where you will hear their life stories and challenges they faced while building their small business and of course taste their wines paired with home made bread, cheese, and prosciutto.
Finally we will continue above the center of Trebinje city to the possibly best and most modern winery, that of Vukoje family. We will start at their cellars and end in their modern restaurant with breathtaking views of the whole Friar’s field and beyond, and enjoy a sunset dinner all made out of local ingridiets (pasta made out of grape pits, home made goat cheese with honey or smoked carp or tasty goat or turkey dishes and chocolate cake) paired with their award winning wines.
After dinner, we will be driving back to Dubrovnik (around 35 min drive with possible border stop of 5-15 min) and you will be back in the hotel/apartment, right after the sunset.
This tour can be organized as semiprivate (maximum of 8 person but normally 4-6 persons) or private tour – please do alert us if you wish this tour to be private and exclusive just for your group. Your driver guides are all experienced licenced tour guides, we all come from wine growing families ourselves, two of us are certified sommeliers, and most importantly we are locals who can truly introduce you to the destination with many little funny and intriguing stories from the ancient times untill today. We will also show you how to taste the wine and will teach you how to note and rate major wine characteristics. The whole tour is performed in relaxed and fun atmosphere as we are ourselves.
Note: Do not forget to bring valid passport for Bosnia & Herzegovina with you to the tour.Guests entering church at Tvrdos monastery and Gracanica hill must have covered shoulders and knees.
What is included?
- airconditioned vehicle with driver
- licenced tour guide/wine expert
- visits and tasting to 3 vinaries according to the schedule
- visit to Gracanica hill
- cheese, bread, prosciutto snack
- dinner at Vukoje restaurant
- hotel/apartment pick up/drop off
What is not included?
- optional trips (Trebinje marketplace – not available for afternoon departures, Mountain Srdj panorama spot) – there is no extra charge for this in private tour, it just has to be discussed with our sales department
- bottles of wine to take home
- gratuities (optional)
- 14:30 – Dubrovnik departure
- 15:15 – arrival Gracanica hill for panoramic views
- 15:45 – arrival Tvrdos monastery, visit and tasting at 17t cellars
- 16:30 – drive through center of Trebinje to one of the local family vinaries
- 16:45 – Trebinje local family wine production facility visit and tasting (accompanied with home made prosciutto and cheese)
- 17:30 – drive to Vukoje family cellars
- 17:40-19:10 – Vukoje cellar presentations and dinner with wine pairing
- 19:15-20:00 – drive to Dubrovnik
Send inquiry about availability and prices for Bosnia Wine Tour!
We usually answer in less then 6 hours.